How to Rent Facilities Space in the El Centro de la Raza Building
- Complete room rental request form either online or by downloading the request form here, pricing and availability will not be given unless this form is completely filled out. Allow 1-2 weeks response time for pricing quote for room rental and availability of space. If you are not familiar with the meeting space we have available please schedule a meeting with our Facility Manager at (206) 957-4603 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Security Cell (206) 390-3891.
- Return form to El Centro Address: 2524 16th S, Seattle, WA 98144. Fax: (206) 329-0786. Email: email@example.com (any forms turned in less than 2 weeks in advance may not be accepted).
- Once an availability and pricing has been confirmed you must sign an agreement form prior to doing the reservation. The room rental is not confirmed until Facility Manager has confirmed your reservation, given you an invoice and/or your deposit has been paid. A summary of the agreement form can be found below.
- Room rental forms will NOT be accepted the week of/ or same day of event! Please allow plenty of time for paperwork to be processed before a confirmation can be given.
- Pay with two separate checks: one for deposit, another for actual rental. Write date and room number of event in “Memo” section of checks. Payment is due 30 days before event. Credit card payment is also accepted, NO CASH.
- Your signature on the forms means that you and your organization accept the conditions of the agreement, including your own supervision of participants and children, fees, set-up and clean up.
- We will call or email you to confirm your rental.
Safety and Courtesy Rule
- Contact security for cleaning supplies before and after your event. Also contact security when clean-up is complete. This should be at or close to the stated time in your application to avoid extra charges. Do not leave until security staff has surveyed your room for damages. Security Cell: (206) 390-3891.
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited inside and outside the building. You are responsible for informing your guests in advance whenever possible that alcohol is not allowed anywhere on El Centro property (including Parking Lot!!!).
- Children must be supervised in one area, not allowed to run through the building.
- If you damage any part of the room you rent, you will not receive all of your deposit. You will be charged for all repairs needed. No masking tape of any kind allowed taped on the floor.
- If you leave the room dirty, you will be charged for clean-up and the funds will be taken directly from your deposit.
- If you allow children to run around the building or play in areas not allowed you may be asked to end your event/meeting early without refund.
- If security needs to clean up after your event, either in the space you reserved or in the building because children were not supervised, there will be a minimum of 1 hour cleaning charge deducted from your security deposit.
A Note about Alcohol
It is your responsibility to enforce the alcohol/smoking rule with your guests and with uninvited acquaintances of guests that may show up in the parking lot. Failure to enforce our alcohol policy can result in forfeiture of your deposit and stopping the party if necessary. You will also be required to work with our security personnel to involve the Seattle Police Department if necessary. If you expect problems with alcohol we encourage you to hire an off duty policeman at your cost to provide security.
Cancellations must be done during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 9 am-5 pm. Cancellations made 30 days before a scheduled event will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 10% of the rental charge. Cancellations made less than 30 days before a scheduled event will charged a fee equal to 50% of the rental charge. The cancellation fee will be deducted from the security deposit.
A Note about Parking
Parking is limited and restricted to 2 hour or 10 minute parking only, please encourage guests to take the Link Light Rail if possible, if not let them know that street parking might be their only option. Individuals who are parked longer than the time indicated, illegally parked, double parked or blocking traffic will be towed at owner’s expense.
Signing the Agreement Form
Upon completing the necessary steps to rent a room, you will sign an agreement in which you agree to the following, which is a summary of the Room Rental Policy:
- The contact person(s) listed shall be responsible for any damages that may occur during the use of the space.
- The contact person(s) listed agrees to complete a tour of our organization before the event if requested by the Facilities Manager and/or if a tour guide is available.
- The contact person(s) listed below shall be responsible for set-up before, take down, and clean up after the event (contact Maintenance/Security staff for cleaning supplies). This may include sweeping, mopping, wiping off tables, and taking garbage to Dumpster. To avoid extra charges please contact security at (206) 390-3891 for final inspection before you leave.
- The contact person(s) listed below must inform guests that access is limited to authorized space, unless otherwise coordinated through Facilities Manager.
- The contact person(s) listed below shall be responsible for informing those in attendance of building rules as outlined in the room rental packet. Highlighted Rules:
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the premises or anywhere on property. The building and property are smoke-free, please ask guests to smoke at least a minimum of 25 feet from building.
- Return tables to the way they were. (DO NOT drag them. Two people need to carry them.)
- Youth must be supervised at all times. Consider renting an extra room if necessary. If El Centro Staff deems it necessary you must be prepared to provide childcare.
- Payment for use of the room is due in advance: at least 3 business days before the event before 5 p.m.
- We reserve the right to substitute other rooms of adequate size.
- If you paid a deposit please call the Facilities Manager at (206) 957-4603 Monday through Friday 9 am-5 pm to request a refund. Refund of a deposit can take up to 10 business days to return.
- El Centro de la Raza is not responsible for any claims that occur as a result of your use of facilities and activities. You, the responsible party, are responsible for any claims against El Centro de la Raza that are a result of your activity or apportion while renting/leasing our facility.