Child & Family Services
Addressing the needs of children in our community.
We provide programs for children and youth that incorporate social change and community activism into the curriculum. Programs include center-based bilingual early learning childcare, home visiting programs for children birth to age 3, after school mentoring and tutoring, and workshops for parents. We work with Seattle Public Schools to ensure children in our programs are ready for kindergarten and provide an after school program for elementary-age children.
- Bebes! – DEELWe help pregnant people and/or parents of young children access the resources they need to keep them healthy and happy. These include: Program Managers Elisa … Read more
- Best Start for Kids – Youth & Family Homelessness PreventionThis program is part of coordinated system of addressing homelessness throughout King County, working to resolve housing crisis before they result in a housing loss. … Read more
- Corazoncito Case ManagementCorazoncito is a Social Emotional Learning Program that includes academics to help young scholars succeed in school and in life. We do this by providing … Read more
- Growing and Learning TogetherOur program focuses on helping parents to develop skills and build their confidence using the Parents As Teacher curriculum. The program has different components that … Read more
- José Martí Child Development CenterOur José Martí Child Development Center (JMCDC) is a community-based program that serves children ages 15 months to 5 years old. Our bilingual, bicultural curriculum … Read more
- Luis Alfonso Velásquez After School ProgramAs a continuation of the José Martí Child Development Center, the Luis Alfonso Velásquez Flores After School Program promotes children’s dual-language development in Spanish and … Read more
- ParentChild+The ParentChild+ program is part of the Early Learning Home Visiting department of El Centro de la Raza. ParentChild+ is a national model that aims … Read more
“The teachers at El Centro de la Raza’s Jose Marti Child Development Center are so loving, caring and supportive. We feel so lucky that our child is in their care every day!”– Parent