Food & Health
Providing assistance to individuals and families with various needs.
Our Frances Martinez Community Service Center provides basic and emergency services. We provide short-term and long-term assistance to families, veterans, seniors and adults. Services include an onsite food bank, senior program, eviction prevention and veterans services. We also have a community garden that helps provide food for our food bank and gardening activities for our programs.
- César Chávez Demonstration GardenThe César Chávez Demonstration Garden was established on the El Centro de la Raza Beacon Hill property on the west side of the historic building …Read More
- Food BankAt El Centro de la Raza, we meet our community where the community needs us. Food insecurity is on the rise, especially for our elderly …Read More
- Health Equity NavigationThis program aims to strengthen access to health services for low-income immigrants, refugees, and limited English-speaking families across the Puget Sound area. As a partner …Read More
- Healthier Here Care Connect NavigatorThis program is to help connect with members of our community who have tested positive with Covid-19 and provide essential items which are crucial for …Read More
- Senior HubAddresses emotional, physical, social, intellectual needs through nutrition and health education, nutritious daily congregate meals, a weekly grocery bag from our food bank, guest speakers, …Read More
- Youth Cannabis and Tobacco PreventionThe Youth Cannabis and Commercial Tobacco Prevention Program’s mission is to prevent initiation and reduce cannabis and commercial tobacco use by youth, ages 12-20, support …Read More
“Your food bank is better than other food banks, because El Centro gives out items that we like.”– Food Bank Participant