El Centro de la Raza is bringing affordable housing to Columbia City.
We would like to invite you to our next community meeting for our Columbia City project. Please check back for more information later. In the meantime, you can view previous meeting recordings or slideshows below.
The March 16th community meeting provided:
- An overview of the Early Design Guidance Package submitted to the City of Seattle
- An update on the Cultural Design Process for the implementation of art
- Time for Questions and Comments surrounding design decisions
- You can view the meeting recording here and slides here
Previous meeting slides:
Please email us at ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org for a copy of past presentations. The presentation is available in the languages of Spanish, Amharic, Somali, Vietnamese, and Traditional Chinese.
The Early Design Guidance Packet for the project has been submitted to the City of Seattle. This packet will provide details such as size, shape, materials, and how the development relates to the site. The packet and more information can be found here: https://web6.seattle.gov/dpd/edms/default.aspx?ref=3039140-EG
- El Centro will redevelop three parcels of land on South Angeline Street. The site will have approximately 87 apartments in a single, six-story building, offering 40 one-bedroom, 29 two-bedroom and 18 three-bedroom apartments.
- Rents will range from $651 to $1,805.
- On-site amenities for residents will include a community room, outdoor rooftop space, laundry rooms and on-site management.
- In addition to apartments, there will be a church and a child development center on the ground floor of the building.
Church of Hope:
- Church of Hope will own a 2,600 square foot community church with onsite parking.
- Services and events held by the church will be open to the community.
Child Development Center:
- A 7,300 square foot bilingual, multicultural child development center with four classrooms and outdoor play space will be owned and managed by El Centro, who is a nationally recognized provider of high quality, early childhood education.
- Enrollment will be open to the community and will include subsidized tuition options.
Your feedback is welcome! Please contact us at (206) 957-4650 or ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org.