El Centro de la Raza is bringing a mixed use, affordable housing development to Columbia City.
ECDLR will redevelop three parcels of land located at 3728, 3808 and 3740 South Angeline Street in Columbia City. The site will be redeveloped with a single, elevator serviced, six-story mixed use building with five stories of residential units above two, non-residential condominium units on the ground floor of the building.
The residential component of the project will consist of 87 apartments of affordable housing for families. There will be 40 one-bedroom, 29 two-bedroom, and 18 three-bedroom apartments.
- Rents will range from $651 to $1,805.
- On site amenities for residents will include a management office, community room, rooftop open space, bicycle racks, trash and recycling chutes, and laundry rooms.
The two, non-residential components of the project will consist of space for a child development center and community church.
- The Jose Marti Child Development Center will be a multifaceted, dual language child development center with two toddler and two preschool rooms. The center will have an outdoor play space geared toward children under the age of five and will include developmentally appropriate play opportunities.
- The center will be operated by El Centro de la Raza, a nationally recognized provider of high quality, early childhood education. Enrollment will be open to all members of the community serving families through private but also subsidized pay, utilizing programs such as DCFY and CCAP.
The second unit will be a 2,600 square foot community church for the Church of Hope. This space will have a double -height ceiling and entry on Angeline Street. The church will also have 18 surface parking spots on the north side of the project. Services and events held by the church will be open to the community
We have had several community meetings over the last year. We invite you to check out previous meeting recordings or slideshows below.
- March 2022 community meeting recording and slides
- September 2021 community meeting slides
- November 2021 community meeting slides
Please email us at ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org for a copy of past presentations. The presentation is available in Spanish, Amharic, Somali, Vietnamese, and Traditional Chinese.
The Final Design Review Packet for the project has been submitted to the City of Seattle. This packet will provide details such as size, shape, materials, and how the development relates to the site. The packet and more information can be found here: https://web6.seattle.gov/dpd/edms/default.aspx?ref=3039140-EG
Your feedback is welcome! Please contact us at (206) 957-4650 or ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org.