Below is our wish list of items we would love to receive as inkind donations in new condition. Inkind donations help us keep our costs down and concentrate our monetary resources on the greatest needs within El Centro de la Raza and the community. Please take a moment to look over the items our programs have requested below and see what you can provide. You can also make a general donation online here anytime.
If you have donated an item to El Centro de la Raza and are in need of a receipt, you can download your tax receipt, here.
Inkind Wish List:
- You can click here to access and purchase items on our Amazon Wish List
- New toys, books, coats, clothing and shoes for children ages 1-17
- Gift certificates to Target, Safeway, Fred Meyer or other stores in amounts of $100, $50 and $25
COVID-19 Related Requests:
- Disinfecting and cleaning supplies
- Diapers, baby wipes, formula and other infant supplies
- Gift cards to grocery stores
- Financial assistance for rent and food
- Arts and craft supplies
- Kitchen supplies like sponges, dish soap and other basic items
- Personal care/hygiene items
- Non-expired food for our food bank – white or brown rice, pinto or other beans, peanut butter, instant oatmeal, canned tuna or chicken, can fruit, boxed macaroni and cheese, and healthy canned or boxed goods
Donations we are unfortunately unable to accept:
- Used or opened goods in most cases
- Broken items
- Used clothing (see below for acceptable raincoats)
- Used furniture (see below for acceptable office furniture)
- Toys or books that contain weapons or violent themes
- (See the bottom of the page for recommendations on where to donate or recycle these items)
Items we are currently accepting in NEW or LIGHTLY USED condition:
- Electronics: laptops (no older than 3 years), tablets (no older than 4 years), hotspots (working)
- Maintenance supplies: hammers, screwdrivers, saws, hand tools
- Clothing: raincoats for youth and adults
- Office Furniture: small desks, stand-up desks, filing cabinets, desk chairs
Items we are currently accepting in NEW CONDITION ONLY:
- Gift Cards to grocery stores like Target, Safeway, Fred Meyer, QFC, etc.
- Maintenance supplies: nails
- PPE: masks, gloves, hand sanitizer
- Personal hygiene items: soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair brushes, etc.
- Baby Needs: cribs, diapers, baby clothes, strollers, carriers, baby wipes, formula
- Children’s Activities: Puzzles, coloring books, crayons, blocks, toddler educational toys & books in Spanish, robotics kids (for teens)
- Safety: sneeze guards or acrylic glass for offices
- Clothing: blankets for seniors and babies
- Office Supplies: spray glue, colored paper, scissors, white copy paper, pens, Post-its, paint brushes, yellow legal notepads, Steno notepads, tape, zip-ties, binder clips of all sizes
- Classroom supplies (new): Crayons, notebooks, backpacks markers, finger paints, construction paper, tissue paper and other child art supplies
- Cleaning supplies: laundry detergent, bleach, disinfectant, disinfecting wipes, Rubber or plastic gloves, dust masks, hazmat masks, industrial soap, etc.
- Painting supplies: brushes, rollers, tarps/drop-cloth, and blue painters’ tape.
- Batteries: AA, AAA, D
- Food & Kitchen Supplies: Pinto beans, rice, canned tomato sauce, fresh fruit and vegetables, paper plates and bowls, plastic spoons, forks, knives
If we are currently not accepting your item we recommend that you check in with a few other organizations in Seattle. Here are some quick resources:
- See King County’s recommended organizations that collect clothing, here
- To donate a car to Seattle Children’s, see here (free towing)
- Info on donating used furniture to Goodwill here
- Info on recycling your used mattress at NW Furniture Bank here
Please call (206) 957-4621 or email email@example.com to make a donation or for more information.