El Centro de la Raza will administer DACA scholarship funds starting the week of March 16 through June 30. As funds are limited, this service is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarship funds are available to individuals who have or previously had DACA status, have completed a DACA renewal application, and who reside in Seattle, or work in Seattle, or go to school in Seattle. Scholarship applicants must come to El Centro de la Raza with a scholarship application form and a completed DACA renewal application.
– Must reside, study, or work in Seattle.
– Must bring the DACA renewal application completed.
– No minimum or maximum level of income is required.
– Must be renewing DACA status.
We encourage that you renew even if you are outside the 180-day window.
Scholarship Application Process
All scholarship application materials are the property of El Centro de la Raza. Below we outline the steps for the scholarship application process:
1. Scholarship applicants can schedule appointments either online or by phone at 206-957-4605. These appointments are 30 minutes only.
2. After making an appointment, scholarship applicants must come to El Centro de la Raza with the scholarship application form and completed renewal form.
3. Staff will review the applicant’s scholarship form and ensure the eligibility criteria are met.
4. If the applicant’s scholarship form meets the criteria, then El Centro de la Raza staff will proceed to review the DACA form.
5. Staff will mail the applicant’s DACA form on their behalf.
6. Staff will approve applicants’ scholarship forms and verify how the check will be received whether by mail or in-person pick-up at our office.
Click for the scholarship application, DACA forms, and a list of other free DACA renewal clinics. To speak with an El Centro de la Raza staff person, contact Dulce via email at email@example.com or call 206-4605. Our operating hours at the Beacon Hill location are 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. The location address is 2524 16th Ave S – Seattle, WA 98144.
This scholarship fund to cover DACA renewal fees is made possible by the City of Seattle, Facebook, and Expedia.